“Committed to the community.
Dedicated to progress.”
Kiesha Speech is committed to the Oak Park community and dedicated to seeing it progress. As the youngest African-American women ever elected in the city, Kiesha was excited to be elected to Oak Park City Council on November 5, 2013. She believes that Oak Park is a “diamond in the rough.” Beautiful landscapes, access to neighboring cities and committed community members, make Oak Park one of THE gems of Southeastern Michigan. Kiesha ran for Oak Park City Council because she believes that Oak Park should be one of the premier destinations that families and businesses want to grow.
As a candidate, Kiesha Speech was eager for the chance to utilize her leadership and administrative abilities, and proven record of excellent public service to ensure that the City of Oak Park remains a family-friendly city that is also inviting to businesses and organizations.
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~ Anne Frank
Kiesha Speech now stands ready to do her part in improving Oak Park. As a City Council Member, Kiesha’s goals are to:
- Promote safe and more family-friendly outdoor spaces.
- Create a vibrant/competitive community to live, work, & play.
- Rebuild & grow the local economy (ensuring a thriving/growing community throughout)
- Enhance the community’s cross-cultural interactions and collaborations.
- Encourage community action to keep neighborhoods beautiful, incentivizing responsibly property ownership.